2007-09-26 07:25:59

by Joerg

Subject: AW: API to regulatory control (1)

On Tue, 2007-09-25 , Johannes Berg wrote:
>=20
> Thanks for your offer for patches.
>=20
> johannes

No reason to get testy. I thought this was about a design and I wanted =
to point
out that the assumption, that the regulatory settings are global to all=
interfaces
in one machine might not apply in all cases.

Regards
Joerg

Jetzt Mails schnell in einem Vorschaufenster =FCberfliegen. Dies =
und viel mehr bietet das neue Yahoo! Mail - http://www.yahoo.de/mail

2007-09-26 07:30:52

by Johannes Berg

Subject: Re: AW: API to regulatory control (1)

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 00:25 -0700, Joerg Pommnitz wrote:

> No reason to get testy. I thought this was about a design and I wanted to point
> out that the assumption, that the regulatory settings are global to all interfaces
> in one machine might not apply in all cases.

Sorry. It is about design, but it seems we've got far too much on our
hands with it already, and I'm not sure I want to spend a lot of effort
on this special case that likely interests nobody but you.

That said, maybe it'll be clear to you what type of restrictions are
actually needed per-device once we've got the API figured out. I'm not
convinced that you really need different API, if you're using stock
hardware you can't increase TX power by much anyway so you have to use
amplifiers and special antennas, no? And I guess that in the "debug"
regulatory that Luis added there are basically no restrictions and
you're on your own.

johannes

Attachments:
signature.asc (190.00 B)