2007-07-04 07:41:50

by Joerg

Subject: AW: [WIP] mac80211: kill mgmt interface

Tomas Winkler <[email protected]> wrote:
> There is probably difference between running multiple hostapd
> instances and running in multiple BSSID mode over one interface,
> meaning that hostapad is running multiple instances of MLME. I guess
> the original post was a bit confusing.
> I'm not sure if and how current implementation of hostapd can do that,
> but that's probably question for another mailing list.

What triggered my initial mail was the concern that I did not see how
one monitor interface could be used to control multiple AP interfaces.
Obviously there must be a link that allows the MLME to associate
frames that it receives from the monitor IF to a specific AP interface.

I wanted to make sure that the API provides such an association. If
this is already the case, my point is mute and I will go back to lurking.

Joerg

__________________________________ Alles was der Gesundheit und Entspannung dient. BE A BETTER MEDIZINMANN! http://www.yahoo.de/clever