2011-01-25 21:55:08

by Richard Riley

Subject: bcm4313/bcrm80211 and debian liquirix

According to docs I googled up the brcm80211 driver should work with the
bcm4313 wireless device.

I have installed the debian firmware-brcm80211 package but when I
modprobe the bcrm80211 module there is kernel panic, I get the black
screen of death and a dump saying (reading off the
laptop screen)

!(sdu->cloned) failed : file wlc_mac80211.c line 5140

I'm fairly new to all this so any pointers greatfully received. My
kernel is:-

Linux asus1015pem 2.6.37-0.slh.7-aptosid-686 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Jan 16
23:16:55 UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux

If I can provide more info please let me know and let me know how.

regards

r.

2011-01-25 22:07:36

by Brett Rudley

Subject: RE: bcm4313/bcrm80211 and debian liquirix

Yes it should. This issue recently appeared and I believe a patch has already been submitted.

The fix is to simply delete that offending line. (It was a bogus check in the first place).

Thanks
Brett