2022-03-17 20:44:57

by Johannes Berg

Subject: Re: net-next: regression: patch "iwlwifi: acpi: move ppag code from mvm to fw/acpi" (e8e10a37c51c) breaks wifi

On Thu, 2022-03-17 at 20:56 +0100, Oliver Hartkopp wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the patch "iwlwifi: acpi: move ppag code from mvm to fw/acpi" (net-next
> commit e8e10a37c51c) breaks the wifi on my HP Elitebook 840 G5.
>
> I detected the problem when working on the latest net-next tree and the
> wifi was fine until this patch.

Something like this should get submitted soon:
https://p.sipsolutions.net/3b84353278ed68c6.txt

johannes

2022-03-17 21:06:09

by Oliver Hartkopp

Hi Johannes,

On 17.03.22 20:58, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Thu, 2022-03-17 at 20:56 +0100, Oliver Hartkopp wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> the patch "iwlwifi: acpi: move ppag code from mvm to fw/acpi" (net-next
>> commit e8e10a37c51c) breaks the wifi on my HP Elitebook 840 G5.
>>
>> I detected the problem when working on the latest net-next tree and the
>> wifi was fine until this patch.

Thanks for the fast reply!

> Something like this should get submitted soon:
> https://p.sipsolutions.net/3b84353278ed68c6.txt

I applied this patch on the latest net-next tree:

patching file drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/mvm/fw.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 1015 (offset -114 lines).

And it fixed the wifi issue with my system! \o/

Tested-by: Oliver Hartkopp <[email protected]>

Thanks & best regards,
Oliver

2022-03-19 16:04:30

by Jakub Kicinski

On Thu, 17 Mar 2022 20:58:46 +0100 Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Thu, 2022-03-17 at 20:56 +0100, Oliver Hartkopp wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > the patch "iwlwifi: acpi: move ppag code from mvm to fw/acpi" (net-next
> > commit e8e10a37c51c) breaks the wifi on my HP Elitebook 840 G5.
> >
> > I detected the problem when working on the latest net-next tree and the
> > wifi was fine until this patch.
> >

> Something like this should get submitted soon:
> https://p.sipsolutions.net/3b84353278ed68c6.txt

Hi Johannes, we're readying up for the merge window, feels like this
may be something we want fixed before we ship net-next off to Linus.
Do you have an ETA on the fix? Am I overestimating the importance?

2022-03-21 22:18:44

by Johannes Berg

Hi,

On Fri, 2022-03-18 at 10:21 -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:

> Hi Johannes, we're readying up for the merge window, feels like this
> may be something we want fixed before we ship net-next off to Linus.
> Do you have an ETA on the fix? Am I overestimating the importance?

Hm, right. Depends on the machine if you need it or not!

Luca, any thoughts? Can we send out the patch quickly?

johannes

2022-03-22 12:53:40

by Luca Coelho

On Mon, 2022-03-21 at 19:46 +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2022-03-18 at 10:21 -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> >
> > Hi Johannes, we're readying up for the merge window, feels like this
> > may be something we want fixed before we ship net-next off to Linus.
> > Do you have an ETA on the fix? Am I overestimating the importance?
> >
> Hm, right. Depends on the machine if you need it or not!
>
> Luca, any thoughts? Can we send out the patch quickly?

Hmmm, I think we should get it in asap. Not all machines will have
this issue, but the ones that do will not have a working WiFi...

I'll send Miri's patch that fixes this issue soon.

Luca.