2009-10-19 15:50:21

by Charles Gordon

Subject: How do you set the rate algorithm from the command line

Hi,

I'm using mac80211 in an embedded system. I can build the driver so
that more than one wifi rate algorithm is included, and one is set as
the default. It is not clear to me how to set the rate algorithm at
run time. Is there a command line utility that does this?

Suppose I build the driver so that both the PID and Mistrel algorithms
are included, and the Minstrel algorithm is the default. How can I
switch to the PID algorithm at run time?

Thanks for your help.

2009-10-20 00:32:08

by Johannes Berg

On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 11:50 -0400, Charles Gordon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using mac80211 in an embedded system. I can build the driver so
> that more than one wifi rate algorithm is included, and one is set as
> the default. It is not clear to me how to set the rate algorithm at
> run time. Is there a command line utility that does this?
>
> Suppose I build the driver so that both the PID and Mistrel algorithms
> are included, and the Minstrel algorithm is the default. How can I
> switch to the PID algorithm at run time?

You cannot (yet).

johannes

Attachments:
signature.asc (801.00 B)