2010-03-31 16:32:23

by Luis R. Rodriguez

Subject: Re: [ath9k-devel] Power Save for ath9k

2010/3/31 "Lorna González" <[email protected]>:
> Hi,
>
> I have an Atheros AR928X and today I install the linux version 2.6.34 and iw 0.9.19. but still does not work.
>
> when I use iw phy phy1 info I get:
> Capabilities: SM Power Save disabled
> I can set power on/off but no period or timeout.

Not sure what this period thing is, can't make it out from the man page.

power Used to manipulate power management scheme parameters and mode.
To set the period between wake ups, enter period
`value'. To set the timeout before going back to sleep, enter timeout
`value'. To set
the generic level of power saving, enter saving `value'.
You can also add the min and max modifiers. By default, those values
are in sec‐
onds, append the suffix m or u to specify values in
milliseconds or microseconds. Sometimes, those values are without
units (number of bea‐
con periods, dwell, percentage or similar).
off and on disable and reenable power management.
Finally, you may set the power management mode to all (receive all
packets), unicast
(receive unicast packets only, discard multicast and
broadcast) and multicast (receive multicast and broadcast only,
discard unicast pack‐
ets).
Examples :
iwconfig eth0 power period 2
iwconfig eth0 power 500m unicast
iwconfig eth0 power timeout 300u all
iwconfig eth0 power saving 3
iwconfig eth0 power off
iwconfig eth0 power min period 2 power max period 4

2010-03-31 17:42:33

by Kalle Valo

"Luis R. Rodriguez" <[email protected]> writes:

>> I have an Atheros AR928X and today I install the linux version 2.6.34 and iw 0.9.19. but still does not work.
>>
>> when I use iw phy phy1 info I get:
>> Capabilities: SM Power Save disabled
>> I can set power on/off but no period or timeout.
>
> Not sure what this period thing is, can't make it out from the man page.
>
> power Used to manipulate power management scheme parameters and mode.
> To set the period between wake ups, enter period
> `value'.

Most probably it means how many beacons will be skipped by staying
asleep.

--
Kalle Valo