2024-03-19 01:34:59

by Ping-Ke Shih

Subject: Git tree to manage Realtek WiFi drivers

Hi,

First of all, thank all contributors (Cc'ed) to add new features and
chips support of Realtek WiFi under drivers/net/wireless/realtek/.

To balance load of maintainers, I will start being the maintainer to manage
Realtek drivers [1] by an new git tree [2] that I fork from wireless-next,
and the main branch is rtw-next. For submitters, all things are the same as
usual except to codebase.

Also welcome to help review patches from other contributors. That is
really helpful to get these drivers better.

Ping-Ke

---
[1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wireless/[email protected]/T/#u
[2] https://github.com/pkshih/rtw.git

2024-03-20 09:01:13

by Kalle Valo

Subject: Re: Git tree to manage Realtek WiFi drivers

Ping-Ke Shih <[email protected]> writes:

> First of all, thank all contributors (Cc'ed) to add new features and
> chips support of Realtek WiFi under drivers/net/wireless/realtek/.
>
> To balance load of maintainers, I will start being the maintainer to manage
> Realtek drivers [1] by an new git tree [2] that I fork from wireless-next,
> and the main branch is rtw-next. For submitters, all things are the same as
> usual except to codebase.
>
> Also welcome to help review patches from other contributors. That is
> really helpful to get these drivers better.

Ping-Ke, a big thank you for starting to maintain the rtw tree! Not only
that it helps me, I suspect Realtek driver development will be faster as
I'm not the bottleneck anymore.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches

2024-03-20 09:35:10

by Ping-Ke Shih

> Ping-Ke, a big thank you for starting to maintain the rtw tree! Not only
> that it helps me, I suspect Realtek driver development will be faster as
> I'm not the bottleneck anymore.

I feel probably registers of Realtek WiFi residing in driver eat lots of your
bandwidth. Now I can take that part myself, so you can get your time back.
Again, your review is always helpful to our drivers!

Ping-Ke

2024-03-20 17:20:48

by Jeff Johnson

On 3/20/2024 2:34 AM, Ping-Ke Shih wrote:

>> Ping-Ke, a big thank you for starting to maintain the rtw tree! Not only
>> that it helps me, I suspect Realtek driver development will be faster as
>> I'm not the bottleneck anymore.
>
> I feel probably registers of Realtek WiFi residing in driver eat lots of your
> bandwidth. Now I can take that part myself, so you can get your time back.
> Again, your review is always helpful to our drivers!

I also thank you for stepping up! Now I can have more of Kalle's time for
mentorship :)

/jeff