2016-02-05 11:02:41

by Holger Schurig

Subject: Re: [ath9k-devel] how to kick off wifi user

qiao <[email protected]> writes:

> Now I setup AP (ath9k driver) and want to find a way to kick off a
> special wifi user from the AP. I know “iw dev station del”,

You're confusing levels of the ISO 7 level models.

The place where you kick AP users would be in hostapd, not on the driver
level. Or do you think it is feasible to do things differently,
depending if you use ath9k, ath10, iwlwifi, or whatever? That would be
clumsy. Instead, do it in the piece that actually makes your system an
access point, hostapd.

And therefore this is probably the wrong mailing list to ask such
questions.

Holger