2010-01-23 17:14:38

by Kalle Valo

Subject: Re: NULL dereference on wireless-testing/head

Hi Paul,

please keep linux-wireless in CC so that everyone see.

"Paul \"TBBle\" Hampson" <[email protected]> writes:

>> commit 813d76694043d00b59475baa1fbfaf54a2eb7fad
>> Author: Johannes Berg <[email protected]>
>> Date: ? Sun Jan 17 01:47:58 2010 +0100
>>
>> ? ?mac80211: move control.hw_key assignment
>>
>> Paul, can you double check that you are really running a version of
>> mac80211 that contains the patch above? Just in case there was a
>> problem with module installation, or something like that.
>
> That's the patch I bisected to and reverted to fix the problem.

Sorry, it's obviously not my day today :) I meant this patch:

commit f12553ebe045a8a40ab33fa500fb57d10706e226
Author: Johannes Berg <[email protected]>
Date: Fri Jan 22 22:07:59 2010 +0100

mac80211: add missing key check

>> After that, please enable CONFIG_MAC80211_NOINLINE and send the stack
>> trace here.
>
>> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg45719.html
>
>> Including instructions how to debug with gdb.
>
> I didn't see anything about GDB in that thread, but I'll rebuild
> another test with CONFIG_MAC_80211_NOINLINE and see what its stack
> trace looks like.

Here's an example from Pavel how to use gdb:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg45728.html

> That thread does appear to be the same problem I'm seeing, and the
> patch in http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg45723.html
> had been applied, because that was one of the revert conflicts I hit
> when reverting g813d766.

Yes, I'm pretty sure you are seeing the same problem as Pavel above
(crashes at line 550 in tx.c). Johannes outlined the fix here:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg45731.html

But I haven't seen that patch yet on the list.

--
Kalle Valo