2010-01-23 09:41:13

by Markus Baier

Subject: Re: NULL dereference on wireless-testing/head

Kalle Valo <kalle.valo@...> writes:

> There are patches from John and Johannes which should fix this. Latest
> wireless-testing contains the patches.

No, this bug was not fixed in the latest wireless-testing version.
Pauls Kernel 2.6.33-rc5-wl (g96ada3c) was compiled from master-2010-01-22

2010-01-23 11:48:18

by Kalle Valo

Markus Baier <[email protected]> writes:

> Kalle Valo <kalle.valo@...> writes:
>
>> There are patches from John and Johannes which should fix this. Latest
>> wireless-testing contains the patches.
>
> No, this bug was not fixed in the latest wireless-testing version.
> Pauls Kernel 2.6.33-rc5-wl (g96ada3c) was compiled from master-2010-01-22

Thank you for pointing it out, I missed that.

I was really sure that the patch below would fix the problem, but
g96ada3c contains it already.

commit 813d76694043d00b59475baa1fbfaf54a2eb7fad
Author: Johannes Berg <[email protected]>
Date: Sun Jan 17 01:47:58 2010 +0100

mac80211: move control.hw_key assignment

Paul, can you double check that you are really running a version of
mac80211 that contains the patch above? Just in case there was a
problem with module installation, or something like that.

After that, please enable CONFIG_MAC80211_NOINLINE and send the stack
trace here.

More info here:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg45719.html

Including instructions how to debug with gdb.

--
Kalle Valo