2014-04-12 00:01:07

by Pratik Prajapati

Subject: Ramping up on wifi linux.

Hello,

I am very new to linux wirelss/wifi stuff. I want to start learning
wifi linux stack and technology.

I would really appreciate if somebody please explain me from where to
start. Yeah, wiki pages are best to start, i am going through 802.11
relates wiki pages but how about learning software stack?

Please help.

2014-04-12 10:12:52

by Kalle Valo

Subject: Re: Ramping up on wifi linux.

Pratik Prajapati <[email protected]> writes:

> I am very new to linux wirelss/wifi stuff. I want to start learning
> wifi linux stack and technology.
>
> I would really appreciate if somebody please explain me from where to
> start. Yeah, wiki pages are best to start, i am going through 802.11
> relates wiki pages but how about learning software stack?

mac80211_hwsim is a good place to start. A simple driver and you can run
all sorts of tests over the simulated radio interface, including
sniffers.

--
Kalle Valo