2008-11-29 16:23:15

by Kalle Valo

Subject: iwl3945 rate control broken in wireless-testing

Hello,

rate control in iwl3945 from wireless-testing seems to have been
broken for few weeks now, but I do not exactly when it exactly
happened because my ADSL connection is usually the bottleneck.

If I set the rate manually (for example iwconfig wlan0 rate 54M)
correct rate is used, but with auto it doesn't rise from 1 Mbps. I
thought Larry's fix for the pid rate-setting algorithm (commit
d8dda0d5) would fix the problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm using iwl3945 and latest wireless-testing (commit 3b329bc4a) on
Lenovo X60s running debian unstable 32bit. I don't have time to
investigate this further, but I can test patches.

--
Kalle Valo

2008-11-29 23:44:37

by mohamed salim abbas

I am looking into this. I will email a patch to fix this soon I hope by Tuesday.
Mohamed