2021-12-16 16:40:26

by Frank Schäfer

Subject: Problems with RTL8821CE device

Hi,

the RTL8821CE (rfe 2) device in my HP notebook (AMD Ryzen 5500) is more
or less unusable.
Association with the AP usually takes a long time (but finally succeeds)
and I'm very often getting site loading errors when surfing the internet.
After having successfully started a large download (which may require
multiple attempts), it usually "gets running" and the performance isn't
too bad.

I've tested kernels 5.14 to 5.16-rc5, but there is no difference.
However, since 5.16-rc dmesg shows some

   rtw_8821ce 0000:02:00.0: failed to get tx report from firmware

messages.
Apart from that, there are no errors in the log.

I also tried module parameter disable_aspm=1 without success.

Please let me know what you need.

Regards,
Frank