2007-09-25 14:43:35

by Joerg

Subject: Re: API to regulatory control (1)

> From what I can see, this finishes the channel restrictions API. Since
> none of the information in the channels list is specific to some device,
> it may be allocated statically.

Well, I beg to differ. I'm working on a system were we have regulatory
approval to use a TX power of up to 4W in certain channels. This means
that the regulatory settings (e.g. allowed channels) are different for
cards with amplifier and those without, even on the same machine.
-- Regards

Joerg

__________________________________
Yahoo! Clever: Sie haben Fragen? Yahoo! Nutzer antworten Ihnen. http://www.yahoo.de/clever

2007-09-25 15:10:04

by Johannes Berg

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 07:43 -0700, Joerg Pommnitz wrote:
> > From what I can see, this finishes the channel restrictions API. Since
> > none of the information in the channels list is specific to some device,
> > it may be allocated statically.
>
> Well, I beg to differ. I'm working on a system were we have regulatory
> approval to use a TX power of up to 4W in certain channels. This means
> that the regulatory settings (e.g. allowed channels) are different for
> cards with amplifier and those without, even on the same machine.

Thanks for your offer for patches.

johannes

Attachments:
signature.asc (190.00 B)