2010-05-25 07:03:10

by Emmanuel Grumbach

Subject: wireless-regdb: A band is missing for IL

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#5.C2.A0GHz_.28802.11a.2Fh.2Fj.2Fn.29

Channels 34 - 64 are allowed in 20 Mhz in Israel. This is not what is
written in db.txt:

country IL:
(2402 - 2482 @ 40), (N/A, 20)

This wikipedia page relies on an official page from the Israel
Ministry of the Communication.

Emmanuel Grumbach

by David Quan

Subject: RE: wireless-regdb: A band is missing for IL

Israel follows ETSI3_WORLD,
this means

Unii1 + Unii2 is supported. Unii2 requires DFS for APs.

2ghz Ch1-13 supported.

Michael, please review and let us know what you think.

Luis

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 12:03 AM, Emmanuel Grumbach <[email protected]> wrote:
> According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#5.C2.A0GHz_.28802.11a.2Fh.2Fj.2Fn.29
>
> Channels 34 - 64 are allowed in 20 Mhz in Israel. This is not what is
> written in db.txt:
>
> country IL:
> ? ? ? ? (2402 - 2482 @ 40), (N/A, 20)
>
> This wikipedia page relies on an official page from the Israel
> Ministry of the Communication.
>
> Emmanuel Grumbach
> [email protected]
> More majordomo info at ?http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

2010-05-25 13:45:13

by John W. Linville

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 10:03:05AM +0300, Emmanuel Grumbach wrote:
> According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#5.C2.A0GHz_.28802.11a.2Fh.2Fj.2Fn.29
>
> Channels 34 - 64 are allowed in 20 Mhz in Israel. This is not what is
> written in db.txt:
>
> country IL:
> (2402 - 2482 @ 40), (N/A, 20)
>
> This wikipedia page relies on an official page from the Israel
> Ministry of the Communication.

Would you care to send a patch?

--
John W. Linville Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email protected] might be all we have. Be ready.

2010-05-26 16:21:11

by David Quan

Unii1 = 5150 - 5250
Unii2 = 5250 - 5350
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U-NII

Currently our internal database shows no HT40 support for Israel in 5Ghz.
Only in 2Ghz it supports both HT20/40.

5) The allow of HT40 is not control by WFA, but by regulatory. So even if WFA allows HT40 general support in 5Ghz,
if the country do not allow it, it is not allowed.

6) Yes, however, I am not sure if ath9k supported this yet or not. Will chat with Luis.

David