2010-10-21 15:25:49

by m.linuxwireless

Subject: A minor correction to the compat-wireless intructions...

Could I suggest a minor update to the instructions at
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download, to avoid a bit of confusion?

For whatever reason, section "9. Selecting your driver" is listed
_before_ the instructions to extract the compat-wireless tarball in
"Section 10. Building and installing"

(Of course, selecting a specific driver can only be done _after_
extracting the tarball because ./scripts/driver-select is _in_ the tarball!)

No offense or anything, but the order there seems a bit strange. It
threw me off the first time, so perhaps it has others as well?

On the whole though, thanks for providing the great package!

2010-10-23 15:27:59

by Walter Goldens

> Could I suggest a minor update to
> the instructions at http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download,? to
> avoid a bit of confusion?
>
> For whatever reason, section "9. Selecting your driver" is
> listed _before_ the instructions to extract the
> compat-wireless tarball in "Section 10. Building and
> installing"
>
> (Of course, selecting a specific driver can only be done
> _after_ extracting the tarball because
> ./scripts/driver-select is _in_ the tarball!)
>
> No offense or anything, but the order there seems a bit
> strange.? It threw me off the first time, so perhaps it
> has others as well?
>
> On the whole though, thanks for providing the great
> package!

Fixed it.

2010-10-21 15:40:39

by Luis R. Rodriguez

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 8:25 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:
>  Could I suggest a minor update to the instructions at
> http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download,  to avoid a bit of confusion?
>
> For whatever reason, section "9. Selecting your driver" is listed _before_
> the instructions to extract the compat-wireless tarball in "Section 10.
> Building and installing"
>
> (Of course, selecting a specific driver can only be done _after_ extracting
> the tarball because ./scripts/driver-select is _in_ the tarball!)
>
> No offense or anything, but the order there seems a bit strange.  It threw
> me off the first time, so perhaps it has others as well?
>
> On the whole though, thanks for providing the great package!

Its a wiki, go ahead and change it.

Luis