2023-06-20 22:55:42

by Larry Finger

Subject: Wanted: GitHub successor maintainer

Hi,

A resent event reinforced my feelings of mortality, thus I am asking here if
anyone is interested in assuming the role of surviving maintainer of the GitHub
repos for Realtek wifi devices.

The major repos are the ones for rtw88, rtw89, and to a lessor extent rtl8xxxu.
These repos make the latest wireless codes from wireless-next available for
users with older kernels, at least for v5.4 or newer.

I also have a number of repos that support the vendor drivers for devices that
have never had an in-kernel driver. Maintenance of these involves updating them
for the latest API changes.

I feel quite strongly that this work is too important to be abandoned, this my
request here. I plan to keep doing it as long as I can, but just in case...

Thanks,

Larry