2019-04-22 16:07:54

by James Prestwood

Subject: mac80211_hwsim: EXT_FEATURE_CAN_REPLACE_PTK0 ?

Hi,

I know for actual hardware drivers this feature requires more than just
the flip of a switch, but is there any technical reason why this is not
turned on in mac80211_hwsim? I know it was added relatively recently,
so maybe mac80211_hwsim just hasn't turned it on yet? If there are no
objections to enabling it, I can send a patch.

Thanks,
James

2019-04-23 10:16:26

by Johannes Berg

Subject: Re: mac80211_hwsim: EXT_FEATURE_CAN_REPLACE_PTK0 ?

On Mon, 2019-04-22 at 09:07 -0700, James Prestwood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know for actual hardware drivers this feature requires more than just
> the flip of a switch, but is there any technical reason why this is not
> turned on in mac80211_hwsim? I know it was added relatively recently,
> so maybe mac80211_hwsim just hasn't turned it on yet? If there are no
> objections to enabling it, I can send a patch.

In case you didn't see, Alexander just sent a patch to turn it on in
mac80211 if only software crypto is possible.

johannes

2019-04-23 10:17:05

by Johannes Berg

On Tue, 2019-04-23 at 12:16 +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Mon, 2019-04-22 at 09:07 -0700, James Prestwood wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I know for actual hardware drivers this feature requires more than just
> > the flip of a switch, but is there any technical reason why this is not
> > turned on in mac80211_hwsim? I know it was added relatively recently,
> > so maybe mac80211_hwsim just hasn't turned it on yet? If there are no
> > objections to enabling it, I can send a patch.
>
> In case you didn't see, Alexander just sent a patch to turn it on in
> mac80211 if only software crypto is possible.

Err, no he didn't ... anyway we'll sort it out.

johannes