2010-05-25 01:03:00

by Huy Le

Subject: ioctl for b43 driver

Hi,

Currently I try aircrack-ng with b43 driver but it is fail at this
statement due to the following statement:

ioctl( fd, SIOCGIWFREQ, &wrq ) < 0

This happens because we do not have ioctl for b43 driver. I just want to
ask if there is any way to work around.

Thanks.

2010-05-25 01:08:56

by Gábor Stefanik

Subject: Re: ioctl for b43 driver

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 3:02 AM, Huy Le <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently I try aircrack-ng with b43 driver but it is fail at this statement
> due to the following statement:
>
> ? ?ioctl( fd, SIOCGIWFREQ, &wrq ) < 0
>
> This happens because we do not have ioctl for b43 driver. I just want to ask
> if there is any way to work around.

Confirmed with ath9k. Apparently rdev->channel is NULL for monitor interfaces.

--
Vista: [V]iruses, [I]ntruders, [S]pyware, [T]rojans and [A]dware. :-)

2010-05-25 01:26:58

by Gábor Stefanik

2010/5/25 G?bor Stefanik <[email protected]>:
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 3:02 AM, Huy Le <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Currently I try aircrack-ng with b43 driver but it is fail at this statement
>> due to the following statement:
>>
>> ? ?ioctl( fd, SIOCGIWFREQ, &wrq ) < 0
>>
>> This happens because we do not have ioctl for b43 driver. I just want to ask
>> if there is any way to work around.
>
> Confirmed with ath9k. Apparently rdev->channel is NULL for monitor interfaces.

I meant wdev->channel - it got changed recently.