2010-06-11 20:08:48

by Assim Deodia

Subject: Re: no eth0 on using libertas_tf + F11 on OLPC XO-1

Hi All,

I am having some issues loading libertas_tf on XO-1 with kernel 2.6.31.

1) after unloading libertas and usb8xxx modules when i modprobe
libertas_tf module eth0 (wireless interface) disappears. and instead
wmaster0 appears. but iwconfig show wmaster0 does not have wireless
extensions. lsmod shows libertas_tf and libertas_tf_usb module loaded.
No error in system logs. no error by modprobe. but no wireless
interface. Do i have to pass any parameter while loading libertas_tf?
I have also tried installing all the firmware versions from
http://dev.laptop.org/pub/firmware/libertas/thinfirm/ just to be sure.
I have installed the kernel after build its RPM
(http://dev.laptop.org/~assim/kernel_rpms/) on XO itself.

2) I also tried blacklisting libertas and usb8xxx modules but still
they are loading at boot time. again no error in logs.

I am stuck as i am not getting any error message at all.

--
Assim Deodia

2010-06-12 04:28:04

by Assim Deodia

In my system eth0 is the wireless interface. There is no wlan0. and
after loading libertas_tf there is neither wlan0 nor eth0 interface.

I also tried renaming the eth0 to wlan0 in
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules and renaming
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/*-eth* to *-wlan*. Now i have wlan
interface which also disappears on loading libertas_tf.

--
Assim Deodia
Software Developer

Let?s Get Talking!

2010-06-12 14:40:38

by Gábor Stefanik

No, renaming eth0 won't help - with the libertas driver (fullmac),
eth0 is a correct name, but not with libertas_tf (mac80211). However,
if wlan0 does not appear (but wmaster0 does), then probably
libertas_tf isn't registering any supported interface types with
mac80211. Try installing compat-wireless - this may be resolved
already there.

--
Vista: [V]iruses, [I]ntruders, [S]pyware, [T]rojans and [A]dware. :-)

2010-06-12 01:39:30

by Gábor Stefanik