2020-05-11 10:29:55

by Cedric VONCKEN

Subject: QCA9984 and MU-MIMO

I'm testing the MU-MIMO with QCA9984 chipset (WLE1216 from compex).
My test platform use 3 products with the same wifi card and the same software. One product is an AP and the other are set in client.

The mu-mimo doesn't work when I used my AP. If I used an AP from netgear the mu-mimo work correctly. So the client side is correct.

I analysed with wireshark to check the information in the frame.

In the AP beacon the beamformer support bit is set
In the station, the beamformee support bit is set.

But the AP never send the null data packet (sounding frame) with mu-mimo request.

I searched in the driver source code, and I didn't found the function in charge of the transmitting of this frame.

Who should send this frame, the driver or ath10k firmware?

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Cedric Voncken.