2016-08-15 21:42:32

by Mike Mu

Subject: Configuring Minstrel-Blues

Hi Linux-Wireless,

I am trying to enable Minstrel-Blues for the ath9k chipset that's used
in Google Fiber's access points. I applied the patches in
https://github.com/thuehn/Minstrel-Blues/tree/master/src onto our
backports-20160122 tree, with some unsuspicious merge conflicts, and
built an image.

To test, I ran iperf from the AP to a station very close by. I
captured the packets to look at the RSSI with and without the
Minstrel-Blues patches applied, but did not see any difference in
RSSI.

Is there anything I need to configure first to make it work? Is it
possible that I'm missing a patch that's not in backports-20160122?

Thanks!
Mike

2016-08-17 11:58:19

by Thomas Hühn

Subject: Re: Configuring Minstrel-Blues

Hi Mike,

I am working on the Minstrel-Blues part to get it integrated into minstrel_ht. My working demo is with ath5k an legacy minstrel.
As soon as I have a testing patch, I am going to announce it here.

Greetings from Berlin
Thomas

> On 15 Aug 2016, at 23:41, Mike Mu <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hi Linux-Wireless,
>
> I am trying to enable Minstrel-Blues for the ath9k chipset that's used
> in Google Fiber's access points. I applied the patches in
> https://github.com/thuehn/Minstrel-Blues/tree/master/src onto our
> backports-20160122 tree, with some unsuspicious merge conflicts, and
> built an image.
>
> To test, I ran iperf from the AP to a station very close by. I
> captured the packets to look at the RSSI with and without the
> Minstrel-Blues patches applied, but did not see any difference in
> RSSI.
>
> Is there anything I need to configure first to make it work? Is it
> possible that I'm missing a patch that's not in backports-20160122?
>
> Thanks!
> Mike

2016-08-15 21:48:41

by Sebastian Gottschall

Am 15.08.2016 um 23:41 schrieb Mike Mu:
> Hi Linux-Wireless,
>
> I am trying to enable Minstrel-Blues for the ath9k chipset that's used
> in Google Fiber's access points. I applied the patches in
> https://github.com/thuehn/Minstrel-Blues/tree/master/src onto our
> backports-20160122 tree, with some unsuspicious merge conflicts, and
> built an image.
>
> To test, I ran iperf from the AP to a station very close by. I
> captured the packets to look at the RSSI with and without the
> Minstrel-Blues patches applied, but did not see any difference in
> RSSI.
why do you think that a rate control algorithm will change the rssi?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Regards

Sebastian Gottschall / CTO

NewMedia-NET GmbH - DD-WRT
Firmensitz: Berliner Ring 101, 64625 Bensheim
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 25473
Geschäftsführer: Peter Steinhäuser, Christian Scheele
http://www.dd-wrt.com
email: [email protected]
Tel.: +496251-582650 / Fax: +496251-5826565

2016-08-16 12:08:10

by Sven Eckelmann

On Monday, August 15, 2016 11:48:35 PM CEST Sebastian Gottschall wrote:
[...]
> > To test, I ran iperf from the AP to a station very close by. I
> > captured the packets to look at the RSSI with and without the
> > Minstrel-Blues patches applied, but did not see any difference in
> > RSSI.
>
> why do you think that a rate control algorithm will change the rssi?

https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2014/ocw/system/presentations/2439/original/Minstrel-Blues%20@LinuxPlumbers%202014.pdf

Kind regards,
Sven

Attachments:
signature.asc (819.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part.