2012-11-06 22:09:43

by Chaoxing Lin

Subject: linux 802.11s mesh should process GANN IE for interoperability

802.11s says gate announcement can be done in 3 ways.
1. proactive PREQ with gate bit set.
2. RANN with gate bit set.
3. GANN

Linux mac80211 chooses to ride on RANN, which is fine.
But, on receiving side, it should process GANN IE because other vendor may choose to use GANN way.

At this point (as of kernel 3.6.6). GANN IE is ignored
In both ieee80211_parse_elems_crc() and mesh_rx_path_sel_frame()

2012-11-07 03:19:56

by Chun-Yeow Yeoh

Hi, Lin

> Linux mac80211 chooses to ride on RANN, which is fine.
FYI, the Gate Announcement field is also set in the Proactive PREQ.

> But, on receiving side, it should process GANN IE because other vendor may choose to use GANN way.
Yes, I think that it is good to have this process as well.

----
Chun-Yeow