2012-09-01 16:05:25

by George Nychis

Subject: want to use mac80211/cfg80211 from kernel tree...

This is a long story cut very short, but I have an Android kernel tree
which has mac80211 and cfg80211 built as modules and support for a
Broadcom chipset.

I want to add support for rt2x00 from compat-wireless, cross-compiling
it. I am able to successfully cross-compile it, however the build in
compat-wireless creates its own set of mac80211 and cfg80211 modules.
So now I end up with:

* In kernel tree: cfg80211.ko, mac80211.ko, and dhd.ko which are
compatible with each other.
* In compat-wireless: cfg80211.ko, mac80211.ko, and rt*.ko which are compatible

So, I can't insert all of these modules because dhd.ko is only
compatible (due to versions) with cfg80211.ko and mac80211.ko that
were built with the kernel, and the Ralink modules are only compatible
with cfg80211.ko and mac80211.ko that were built with compat-wireless.

Is there any way for me to get compat-wireless to not build its own
versions of cfg80211.ko and mac80211.ko, and use those in the
KERNEL_DIR? That way I don't have two sets of cfg80211/mac80211 and I
can insert all modules?

Thanks!
George

2012-09-01 16:07:52

by George Nychis

Subject: Re: want to use mac80211/cfg80211 from kernel tree...

BTW- the reason I'm not using rt2x00 from the kernel tree is that for
some reason scanning is broken. The reason I'm not using brcm from
compat-wireless is that cross-compiling it is broken and segfaults my
cross-compiler. So, I want to build these two in two different trees.