2019-08-19 14:57:06

by Ján Veselý

Subject: [5.2 regression] rtwpci loss of p2p capability

Hi,

I ran into another regression for rtwpci, going from 5.1 staging
driver to 5.2 dropped p2p capability.
Was this intentional? are there plans to bring it back?
it was pretty useful for miracast connected displays.

I've attached 'iw phy0 info' for both 5.1 and 5.2 kernels which show the issue.

thank you,
Jan

Attachments:
phy_5.2 (6.16 kB)
phy_5.1 (6.36 kB)

by Tony Chuang

Subject: RE: [5.2 regression] rtwpci loss of p2p capability

> From: Ján Veselý [mailto:[email protected]]
>
> Hi,
>
> I ran into another regression for rtwpci, going from 5.1 staging driver to 5.2
> dropped p2p capability.
> Was this intentional? are there plans to bring it back?
> it was pretty useful for miracast connected displays.
>
> I've attached 'iw phy0 info' for both 5.1 and 5.2 kernels which show the issue.
>
> thank you,
> Jan

P2P interface mode is not implemented yet in rtw88.
I will bring it back, and indeed it is very useful.
But I am having a lot of pending patches, I will send
P2P related patches after them.

Thanks,
Yan-Hsuan