2016-04-25 22:39:35

by Jaap Jan Meijer

Subject: BCM43241B4 SDIO WiFi strength of connected network unavailable in Android (brcmfmac)

Hi,

I'm currently working on a Baytrail tablet with a BCM43241B4 SDIO WiFi
card. WiFi is working very well but as of Kernel 4.2 wpa_supplicant
can't get signal strength of the currently connected network.
I'm running Android-x86 on this tablet, from what I can make of it the
SIGNAL_POLL command is used for this network. When using a full scan
the signal strength is displayed correctly. This is wpa_supplicant 8
with NL80211 driver.
I was able to bisect it down to "1f0dc59 - brcmfmac: rework
.get_station() callback", just reverting the commit fixes it for me
but of course that's no proper solution. If there is anything I can do
to debug this problem further, please let me know.

Kind regards,

JJ Meijer