2016-06-06 15:04:39

by Ben Greear

Subject: How to use fractional center frequencies (4942.5, for instance)?

It appears that some cisco equipment, at least, uses fractional center
frequencies for 5Mhz channels.

Has anyone attempted to support this with ath9k?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <[email protected]>

by Ben Greear

On 06/06/2016 11:19 AM, Dave Taht wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 8:04 AM, Ben Greear <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> It appears that some cisco equipment, at least, uses fractional center
>> frequencies for 5Mhz channels.
>
> I was not aware that anything supported 5Mhz other than ath9k and
> ath5k. Thx. Can you identify what cisco gear supports this?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/wireless/aironet-1520-series/index.html

Probably could find others...seems 'public safety' is the sales jargon
to look for.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <[email protected]>

by Dave Taht

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 8:04 AM, Ben Greear <[email protected]> wrote:

> It appears that some cisco equipment, at least, uses fractional center
> frequencies for 5Mhz channels.

I was not aware that anything supported 5Mhz other than ath9k and
ath5k. Thx. Can you identify what cisco gear supports this?

I have long advocated that meshy networks in increasingly dense areas
use narrower channels.

https://www.usenix.org/system/files/conference/nsdi12/nsdi12-final142.pdf

was one of the better papers that went into it back in the day.