2017-04-21 12:45:32

by Belisko Marek

Subject: ad-hoc mode max speed on 8812au wifi card

Hi,

I'm doing small research on mesh with batman-adv module by using
8812au wifi adapters. I can setup 2 nodes mesh network in 2.4 or 5GHz
bands but max speed (tested with iperf) is only ~2.5MBytes. I read
something about limitation of ad-hoc that speed is restricted to
11Mbits even if it's connected in 5GHz channels. I can assume that
this limitation is due some wifi aliance restriction or is there other
reason (like avoid too many transmissions)? Would be possible to
increase ad-hoc mode speed somehow when using 8812au wifi card. Thanks
a lot for replies and hints.

BR,

marek

--