2016-09-21 03:43:14

by bruce m beach

Subject: ath9k_htc kernel driver regression affecting throughput

Oleksij

I looked at
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/122050/
send-traffic-to-self-over-physical-network-on-ubuntu

It appearred to too complicated but

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/122050/
send-traffic-to-self-over-physical-network-on-ubuntu
with:
# Create a network namespace and move one of interfaces into it:
ip netns add test2
ip link set wlan0 netns test2
# Start a shell in the new namespace:
ip netns exec test2 bash
# Then proceed as if you had two machines. When finished exit the shell and
# delete the namespace:
ip netns del test2
Certainly looks interesting but after I got a
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
I lost interest. My heart isn't in it. I'm still working on the firmware. I
have started a new tree (tree #3) that consists of a userland firmware uploader
and until recently the following firmware:

app_start( void ) {}

i.e a lable that the code jumps to and nothing else. At this point I have
added VendorCommand(), and a debugger via ep0. ( ep0 is a good choice
since it is available a boot, no matter what) and over the next few
months I am going to move ->all<- the rom code into ram starting with
the USB subsystem.

Bruce