2012-05-30 17:54:43

by Jean-Pierre TOSONI

Subject: Is there a changelog for compat wireless ?

Hello all,

I am looking for indications as what is changing from one version of
compat-wireless to the next.

The link for the changelog given at
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download#compat-wireless_ChangeLog
is broken.

Is there some other place where I can find it ? ww.orbit-labs.org has
many, is it that the changes to the wireless software is not backported
in the same way to all (supported) versions of the kernel ?

Thanks,

Jean-Pierre Tosoni

2012-05-30 23:00:36

by Hauke Mehrtens

Subject: Re: Is there a changelog for compat wireless ?

On 05/30/2012 07:54 PM, Jean-Pierre TOSONI wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am looking for indications as what is changing from one version of
> compat-wireless to the next.
>
> The link for the changelog given at
> http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download#compat-wireless_ChangeLog
> is broken.
>
> Is there some other place where I can find it ? ww.orbit-labs.org has
> many, is it that the changes to the wireless software is not backported
> in the same way to all (supported) versions of the kernel ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jean-Pierre Tosoni
Hi

The changelog for compat-wireless is here:
https://github.com/mcgrof/compat-wireless/commits/master
for compat here:
https://github.com/mcgrof/compat/commits/master
and for wireless-testing here:
https://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-testing.git;a=shortlog

Hauke

2012-06-11 19:48:40

by Luis R. Rodriguez

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Hauke Mehrtens <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 05/30/2012 07:54 PM, Jean-Pierre TOSONI wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am looking for indications as what is changing from one version of
>> compat-wireless to the next.
>>
>> The link for the changelog given at
>>  http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download#compat-wireless_ChangeLog
>> is broken.
>>
>> Is there some other place where I can find it ? ww.orbit-labs.org has
>> many, is it that the changes to the wireless software is not backported
>> in the same way to all (supported) versions of the kernel ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jean-Pierre Tosoni
> Hi
>
> The changelog for compat-wireless is here:
> https://github.com/mcgrof/compat-wireless/commits/master
> for compat here:
> https://github.com/mcgrof/compat/commits/master
> and for wireless-testing here:
> https://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-testing.git;a=shortlog

And then we have unified changelogs for stable releases these are
listed on the stable page:

http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Download/stable/

For example:

http://www.orbit-lab.org/kernel/compat-wireless-3-stable/v3.4/ChangeLog-3.4-rc3

We also now have ckmake logs which are compile test logs against all
supported kernels, we only post stable releases / linux-next daily
releases if all compile tests succeed.

Luis

2012-06-14 15:18:11

by Michael Zintakis

>> The changelog for compat-wireless is here:
>> https://github.com/mcgrof/compat-wireless/commits/master
>> for compat here:
>> https://github.com/mcgrof/compat/commits/master
>> and for wireless-testing here:
>> https://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-testing.git;a=shortlog
>>

> And then we have unified changelogs for stable releases these are
> listed on the stable page:
>
> http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Download/stable/
>
> For example:
>
> http://www.orbit-lab.org/kernel/compat-wireless-3-stable/v3.4/ChangeLog-3.4-rc3

According to grep I've run on all available Changelogs, the only driver
which appears to support .11w is ath9k. Is there any other driver which
currently has this support? What about ath9k_usb?