2012-03-08 21:40:33

by Till Kamppeter

Subject: Google Summer of Code 2012 - Application for the Linux Foundation submitted

Hi,

I have submitted the application for the Linux Foundation as mentoring
organization in the GSoC 2012 to Google.

To get the best chances to get accepted again, the Google people need to
see many project ideas. Please enter as soon as possible your project
ideas on the appropriate sub pages on

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/gsoc/google-summer-code-2012

or link to the project ideas on your web site ASAP. The application
period ends tomorrow 23:00 UTC and from then on Google people will
evaluate the applications. So please post your ideas as soon as possible!

If you have problems mail me with your project idea and your Linux
Foundation user name. Note that you beed to be member of the "GSOC"
group on the Linux Foundation. Please request appropriate membership and
I will approve it.

Till

2012-03-08 21:45:39

by Luis R. Rodriguez

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Till Kamppeter <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have submitted the application for the Linux Foundation as mentoring
> organization in the GSoC 2012 to Google.
>
> To get the best chances to get accepted again, the Google people need to see
> many project ideas. Please enter as soon as possible your project ideas on
> the appropriate sub pages on
>
> https://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/gsoc/google-summer-code-2012
>
> or link to the project ideas on your web site ASAP. The application period
> ends tomorrow 23:00 UTC and from then on Google people will evaluate the
> applications. So please post your ideas as soon as possible!
>
> If you have problems mail me with your project idea and your Linux
> Foundation user name. Note that you beed to be member of the "GSOC" group on
> the Linux Foundation. Please request appropriate membership and I will
> approve it.

So one idea I had was working on open firmware for ath9k_htc. We don't
have the resources to open that up but can likely provide under NDA
source code to let it get cleaned up for public release. If this is
reasonable I'll throw it on.

Luis

2012-03-08 22:00:04

by Till Kamppeter

On 03/08/2012 10:45 PM, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:

> So one idea I had was working on open firmware for ath9k_htc. We don't
> have the resources to open that up but can likely provide under NDA
> source code to let it get cleaned up for public release. If this is
> reasonable I'll throw it on.

OK, please do it.

Till

2012-03-08 22:14:14

by Luis R. Rodriguez

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Till Kamppeter <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 03/08/2012 10:45 PM, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
>>

>> So one idea I had was working on open firmware for ath9k_htc. We don't
>> have the resources to open that up but can likely provide under NDA
>> source code to let it get cleaned up for public release. If this is
>> reasonable I'll throw it on.
>>

> OK, please do it.

OK I'll add some other thing for backports. I'll try to see if some is
up for backporting a video driver and integrating it with compat.

Luis