2015-05-12 06:37:42

by Yegor Yefremov

Subject: wlcore: mac-address property support

Does wlcore support "mac-address" property, so that MAC address could
be set via Device Tree?

Regards,
Yegor

2015-05-12 08:00:34

by Yegor Yefremov

Subject: Re: wlcore: mac-address property support

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 9:53 AM, Eliad Peller <[email protected]> wrote:
> hi,
>
> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Yegor Yefremov
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Does wlcore support "mac-address" property, so that MAC address could
>> be set via Device Tree?
>>
> it's currently not supported.
> (by default the address is read from the fuse ROM, and it can be
> overridden by the nvs file)

It's not very practical for us as our chips don't have internal EEPROM
and nvs file is also bad, as it is SD card bound. We have all our
production data in usual EEPROM, so that I can fetch MACs from there
and put them into loaded DTB. This way Linux has all the needed data
and I don't need special files/scripts in order to assign MACs.

Yegor

2015-05-12 07:53:58

by Eliad Peller

<[email protected]> wrote:
> Does wlcore support "mac-address" property, so that MAC address could
> be set via Device Tree?

it's currently not supported.
(by default the address is read from the fuse ROM, and it can be
overridden by the nvs file)

Eliad.