2015-03-22 18:19:40

by Stefano Cappa

Subject: informations about Linux wifi driver's architecture today

Hi!
some months ago, i saw the presentation of Johannes Berg in PDF, but now it?isn't available, probably because it's very old.

This slides will be updated to a new release?

I have this slide?and in page 5/35 (2009-02-26) there is the "Architecture - planned". This is the actual architecture or there are some?differences?in 2015??If yes, where i can find the new version of this page, with a little diagram?

Thank you very much,

Stefano

2015-03-25 01:00:33

by Stefano Cappa

Thank you very much Arend, in particular for the documentation.

If i understand correctly, the levels are:
userspace
nl802111
cfg80211
firmware