2015-06-26 12:23:21

by Krishna Chaitanya

Subject: Rate Control for TDLS Channel Switching for Same STA in 2 bands.

Hi,

I have a question with regards to minstrel when working with multi
channel concurrency
cases especially TDLS case, where we communicate with the same STA in
2 different bands
so we need to update the capbility per band.

minstrel_update_ht_caps takes sband as an argument but only to
calculate ack duration and overhead. Ideally we need to update below
params at the least "per band" during rate_control_update.

a) Suported Rates (to diable DSSS rates in 5GHz)
b) MCS (To disable VHT in 2.4GHz)
c) BW ( as per peer params)

Any plans to support this? Currently i only see TDLS Channel Switching
as the use ase for
communicating with the same STA in different bands almost
concurrently. (Time Sliced way).

Chaitanya T K.