Subject: Fwd: RTL8192CU chip strange works

Hello! I bought a device TP-Link wn8200nd with Realtek RTL8192CU chip.

I have troubles to connect it to the my Asus RT-N16 under Linux (Gentoo).

It connecting to WiFi spot in my phones. But it can't connect to Asus
RT-N16 in Linux. It connects to Asus RT-N16 only under Windows.
I used drivers from various Linux kernels and used drivers from your
official site, but there is no success. I absolutely can't understand
what's happening. Why in Linux I can connect to some devices but I
can't connect to my home router. (Router works fine for 3 years)
Every time connection asks me a password, I enter it, but in minute or
less it wants me to enter password one more time. (I even change
password to very easy, password is right)

I read a lot off information about it, and I know many people which
have similar problems.

Please help me. I think all troubles in the driver. I can send you all
information that you need.

2014-04-20 14:40:21

by Sergei Antonov

Subject: Re: RTL8192CU chip strange works

On 17 April 2014 17:47, Артем Сергиенко <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello! I bought a device TP-Link wn8200nd with Realtek RTL8192CU chip.
>
> I have troubles to connect it to the my Asus RT-N16 under Linux (Gentoo).
>
> It connecting to WiFi spot in my phones. But it can't connect to Asus
> RT-N16 in Linux. It connects to Asus RT-N16 only under Windows.
> I used drivers from various Linux kernels and used drivers from your
> official site, but there is no success. I absolutely can't understand
> what's happening. Why in Linux I can connect to some devices but I
> can't connect to my home router. (Router works fine for 3 years)
> Every time connection asks me a password, I enter it, but in minute or
> less it wants me to enter password one more time. (I even change
> password to very easy, password is right)
>
> I read a lot off information about it, and I know many people which
> have similar problems.
>
> Please help me. I think all troubles in the driver. I can send you all
> information that you need.

Some possibly useful information:
1. wpa_supplicant's verbose logs. On my computer it is normally
started with -B to run in background, and when I want to investigate
an issue I run it without -B and with -dd to get a verbose log in the
console.
2. What version of rtlwifi firmware is loaded? Look it up in dmesg.
Other relevant strings from dmesg may be helpful too.