2013-05-23 15:47:46

by Jean-Pierre TOSONI

Subject: How to set basic rates in mesh mode?

Hi all,

Is there a way to change the basic rates set in mesh mode ?
(so that broadcasts and ACKs could be sent faster)

- iw does not do this, and cfg80211 rejects NL80211_CMD_SET_BSS for mesh
interfaces, I cannot figure out another way ?

Regards
j.p. Tosoni

2013-05-23 16:49:39

by Ashok Nagarajan

Subject: Re: How to set basic rates in mesh mode?

Hi Tosoni,

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Jean-Pierre Tosoni <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to change the basic rates set in mesh mode ?
> (so that broadcasts and ACKs could be sent faster)

Not with the current ToT. But patches to support this feature have
been sent and is waiting to get merged.

If you would like to use the feature now, you could find these patches here.

1. https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2552611/
2. https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2552621/
and 3. https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2552641/

Thanks,