2011-08-13 15:20:20

by Rafał Miłecki

Subject: Hosting wl driver, part of GPL package

I need some hosting for broadcom-wl-5.100.138.tar.bz2 extracted from
GPL sources.

Currently all the interesting drivers I've found are placed on:
http://broadcom.zajec.net/
but I can not guarantee 100% uptime or high bandwidth limit.

Can someone offer b43 a place to host that drivers? We need them to
extract firmware required for various Broadcom cards.

Up to now we were using openwrt's ftp but they don't host the newest
drivers. We need 5.100 or newer to have firmware for the newest cards
included (like HT-PHY).

--
Rafał

2011-08-15 20:10:03

by Larry Finger

Subject: Re: Hosting wl driver, part of GPL package

On 08/15/2011 03:02 PM, Nick Kossifidis wrote:

> You could apply for space at http://www.kernel.org...
>
> https://accounts.kernel.org/
>
> If you don't want to go through the process I can upload them for you
> in my space...
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mickflemm/
>
> I also think you can attach files on http://wireless.kernel.org but
> I'm not sure.

I have an account at kernel.org. The problem there is that these are not open
source, thus we would need special permission to upload them.

Larry

2011-08-15 22:42:09

by David Woodhouse

On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 15:09 -0500, Larry Finger wrote:

> I have an account at kernel.org. The problem there is that these are not open
> source, thus we would need special permission to upload them.

I already gave Rafał some space on ftp.infradead.org.

--
dwmw2

2011-08-15 20:02:27

by Nick Kossifidis

011/8/13 Rafał Miłecki <[email protected]>:
> I need some hosting for broadcom-wl-5.100.138.tar.bz2 extracted from
> GPL sources.
>
> Currently all the interesting drivers I've found are placed on:
> http://broadcom.zajec.net/
> but I can not guarantee 100% uptime or high bandwidth limit.
>
> Can someone offer b43 a place to host that drivers? We need them to
> extract firmware required for various Broadcom cards.
>
> Up to now we were using openwrt's ftp but they don't host the newest
> drivers. We need 5.100 or newer to have firmware for the newest cards
> included (like HT-PHY).
>
> --
> Rafał

You could apply for space at http://www.kernel.org...

https://accounts.kernel.org/

If you don't want to go through the process I can upload them for you
in my space...
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mickflemm/

I also think you can attach files on http://wireless.kernel.org but
I'm not sure.

--
GPG ID: 0xD21DB2DB
As you read this post global entropy rises. Have Fun ;-)

2011-08-15 22:52:24

by Rafał Miłecki

2011/8/16 David Woodhouse <[email protected]>:
> On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 15:09 -0500, Larry Finger wrote:
>>
>> I have an account at kernel.org. The problem there is that these are not open
>> source, thus we would need special permission to upload them.
>
> I already gave Rafał some space on ftp.infradead.org.

Sorry, I didn't have an idea it's a space for broadcom-wls. I though
it's for sharing patches before John take them ;)

Larry: notify us when you get response.

--
Rafał

2011-08-15 23:58:53

by David Woodhouse

On Tue, 2011-08-16 at 00:52 +0200, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't have an idea it's a space for broadcom-wls. I though
> it's for sharing patches before John take them ;)

If you want somewhere to share patches, that's better done as a git tree
— I can give you an account on git.infradead.org instead. Or you can get
an account on kernel.org for that if you prefer.

--
dwmw2