2012-12-08 10:47:46

by HariHara Sudhan

Subject: ar3012 bluetooth nor working

I've a ar9485 +ar3012 combo card and using .
Wifi is working fine with ath9k drivers.
But for bluetooth i've enabled BT_ATH3k use in kernel. And it loaded btusb ,
bnep, rfcomm modules. ath3k wasn't comming up, and hcitool scan
results gave me nothing.
rfkill shows both wwifi and bluetooth devices are not blocked.

so it is told in ath3k drivers guide from your website . i've added
the id's in ath3k support list and btusb blacklist.
Now ath3k is loaded when i checked lsmod, and btusb is also loaded .
But now rfkill is not showing bluetooth device and hcitool scan says
"Device Not abailable".
What could be the reason.
BTW blacklist driverinfo i gave was "BTUSB_IGNORE

HariHaraSudhan

2012-12-30 14:29:43

by Mohammed Shafi

Subject: Re: ar3012 bluetooth nor working

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM, HariHara Sudhan <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've a ar9485 +ar3012 combo card and using .
> Wifi is working fine with ath9k drivers.
> But for bluetooth i've enabled BT_ATH3k use in kernel. And it loaded btusb ,
> bnep, rfcomm modules. ath3k wasn't comming up, and hcitool scan
> results gave me nothing.
> rfkill shows both wwifi and bluetooth devices are not blocked.
>
> so it is told in ath3k drivers guide from your website . i've added
> the id's in ath3k support list and btusb blacklist.
> Now ath3k is loaded when i checked lsmod, and btusb is also loaded .
> But now rfkill is not showing bluetooth device and hcitool scan says
> "Device Not abailable".
> What could be the reason.
> BTW blacklist driverinfo i gave was "BTUSB_IGNORE
>
> --
> Regards
>
> HariHaraSudhan

you can give us the vid, PID. we can come up with a patch and see if
works for you.

--
thanks,
shafi

2012-12-30 14:42:56

by HariHara Sudhan

Solved the problem by enabling wext_priv . Since kernel 3.5.4 doesn't
have direct option to enable wext_priv. I had to enable IEEE 802.11
host ap to enable wext_priv.

Sent from my Windows Phone