2012-08-22 20:56:55

by Patrick Connolly

Subject: Question about ath9k/mac80211 Driver

Hello,
I'm new to ath9k and in need of some basic/rudimentary help.
I'm working with an Access Point that uses the ath9k/mac80211
driver combination to talk to an Atheros AR9285. The firmware is
OpenWrt.

What is the best command line tool to use to get the driver to
switch the chip's mode between 'b', 'g', or 'bg' (mixed) mode? The
OpenWrt Tools we're currently using ("uci" "wifi") are not talking to
the driver at all and when we switch settings (between b,g,bg), the
beacons go out advertising the same rates regardless of the mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Patrick

2012-08-23 05:10:16

by Mohammed Shafi

Subject: Re: Question about ath9k/mac80211 Driver

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 2:26 AM, Patrick Connolly <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm new to ath9k and in need of some basic/rudimentary help.
> I'm working with an Access Point that uses the ath9k/mac80211
> driver combination to talk to an Atheros AR9285. The firmware is
> OpenWrt.
>
> What is the best command line tool to use to get the driver to
> switch the chip's mode between 'b', 'g', or 'bg' (mixed) mode? The
> OpenWrt Tools we're currently using ("uci" "wifi") are not talking to
> the driver at all and when we switch settings (between b,g,bg), the
> beacons go out advertising the same rates regardless of the mode.

i don't think ath9k supports this
regarding commands

iwconfig eth0 modu 11g
iwconfig eth0 modu CCK OFDMa