2011-12-28 21:01:30

by Daniel Smith

Subject: AR6002 support in ath6kl driver

Greetings,

So I have recently been asked to begin supporting an AR6002 platform.
Currently it is using the Atheros ar6000 (v 2.1.2) driver. I see that
the ar6kl driver only supports the AR6003 and was wondering if there
was some technical reason that support for the AR6002 was dropped in
the up-streaming process? If not, would AR6002 support be welcomed in
the mainstream driver should I decide to attempt the endeavor of
porting/adding into the ath6kl driver? Finally, could I expect any
support from the ath6kl developers troubleshooting issues that would
inevitable arise along the way?

V/r,
Daniel Smith

2012-01-06 10:31:59

by Kalle Valo

Subject: Re: AR6002 support in ath6kl driver

Hi Daniel,

On 12/28/2011 11:01 PM, Daniel Smith wrote:

> So I have recently been asked to begin supporting an AR6002
> platform. Currently it is using the Atheros ar6000 (v 2.1.2) driver.
> I see that the ar6kl driver only supports the AR6003 and was
> wondering if there was some technical reason that support for the
> AR6002 was dropped in the up-streaming process?

No other reason than lack of time and resources.

> If not, would AR6002 support be welcomed in the mainstream driver
> should I decide to attempt the endeavor of porting/adding into the
> ath6kl driver?

I would be happy to take AR6002 patches as long as they follow the style
used in ath6kl and are otherwise of good quality. I would recommend that
you first setup your own git tree for this and once you have something
working we can start discussing merging your changes to ath6kl.

> Finally, could I expect any support from the ath6kl
> developers troubleshooting issues that would inevitable arise along
> the way?

Based on my long email backlog I cannot provide anything than reviewing
patches and giving general comments. I simply don't have the time to
work on the details.

Kalle