2017-12-07 05:01:24

by Farhan Khan

Subject: Where does rtlwifi/rtl8188ee identifies interrupt type?

Hi all,

I am reading through the rtlwifi code, specifically rtl8188ee code. I
am trying to find the driver handles interrupts, reads from the card
and identifies what type of interrupt it receives.

I believe it will utilize the REG_HISR and REG_HIMR registers, but
only see writes to those register values, not reads which I was
expecting.

Any ideas? Thanks!

--
Farhan Khan
PGP Fingerprint: B28D 2726 E2BC A97E 3854 5ABE 9A9F 00BC D525 16EE

2017-12-07 16:40:39

by Larry Finger

On 12/06/2017 11:01 PM, Farhan Khan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am reading through the rtlwifi code, specifically rtl8188ee code. I
> am trying to find the driver handles interrupts, reads from the card
> and identifies what type of interrupt it receives.
>
> I believe it will utilize the REG_HISR and REG_HIMR registers, but
> only see writes to those register values, not reads which I was
> expecting.

Keep in mind that all of the rtlwifi family of drivers actually use the routines
in rtlwifi, and either rtl_pci or rtl_usb. They employ a lot more code than is
found in their specific directory.

I will not be answering every question like this, but in this case look at
_rtl_pci_interrupt().

Larry