2011-10-05 06:20:33

by Song Gao

Subject: Is there anybody doing DSRC/802.11p Driver Development?

Hi guys,

I am in a group doing research in vehicular wireless networks. And I have a desire to contribute to this community. The group I am in has done some experiments based on ath9k, and we are interested in applying DSRC protocol. However, it seems that all the available drivers for DSRC are from manufactures, and they are not open source.

I am wondering if there is anybody in this group implementing 802.11p driver? If not, do you think it is worthwhile to add 802.11p driver in to linux wireless drivers? If there's anyone doing this or interested in this, I would like to participate.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Song Gao
Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
Auburn University, AL
http://www.auburn.edu/~szg0031/

2011-10-17 21:25:31

by Nick Kossifidis

2011/10/5 Song Gao <[email protected]>:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am in a group doing research in vehicular wireless networks. And I have a desire to contribute to this community. The group I am in has done some experiments based on ath9k, and we are interested in applying DSRC protocol. However, it seems that all the available drivers for DSRC are from manufactures, and they are not open source.
>
> I am wondering if there is anybody in this group implementing 802.11p driver? If not, do you think it is worthwhile to add 802.11p driver in to linux wireless drivers? If there's anyone doing this or interested in this, I would like to participate.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kind regards,
> Song Gao

Check this out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ-xGzTzHxc

Unfortunately they haven't published any code yet.

--
GPG ID: 0xEE878588
As you read this post global entropy rises. Have Fun ;-)

2011-10-05 13:15:48

by John W. Linville

On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 01:20:31AM -0500, Song Gao wrote:

> I am wondering if there is anybody in this group implementing 802.11p
> driver? If not, do you think it is worthwhile to add 802.11p driver in
> to linux wireless drivers? If there's anyone doing this or interested
> in this, I would like to participate.

I'm not aware of anyone working on that at the moment. In general,
we would like to have any technology contribution that someone is
willing to make. :-)

John
--
John W. Linville Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email protected] might be all we have. Be ready.