2017-11-14 10:28:37

by Julian Calaby

Subject: Re: [linux-sunxi] rtl8188eu driver and hostapd

Hi Ishraq,

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 9:24 PM, Ishraq Ibne Ashraf
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In our system we use the hostapd release version 2.6 from,
> https://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/snapshot/hostap_2_6.tar.bz2.
> Everything works fine with the kernel and rtl8188eu driver from sunxi-next
> branch with repo state, 3c2993b8c6143d8a5793746a54eba8f86f95240f (Linux
> 4.12-rc4).
> But doesn't work with repo state, 569dbb88e80deb68974ef6fdd6a13edb9d686261
> (Linux 4.13).
>
> Both the hostapd configuration and the debug output from hostapd are
> attached with this post.
>
> When the problem occurs hostapd outputs, ioctl[RTL_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: Operation
> not supported.
> Maybe there was some changes in the IOCTL interface of the driver/kernel?
>
> Any help is appreciated.

This list is about Allwinner SoCs and the boards they are on, your
question appears to be WiFi related, so you'll be more likely to get a
useful answer on the linux-wireless list, which I've added to CC.

Julian Calaby

Email: [email protected]
Profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/julian.calaby/

Attachments: