2014-11-25 22:37:53

by Sergey Ryazanov

Subject: Re: [ath5k-devel] Support for ath9k chipset

Cc linux-wireless

> Ok. I installed the wirelless card ath9k on Ubuntu.
>
> Only what i need is how can i change the frequency of wirelless card from
> terminal ? Which command ?

Action depends on mode of wireless interface. In case of AP you should
specify frequency in the hostapd configuration file, in case of
Managed sta your interface just running on the same channel as the AP
to which it is connected, in case of Mesh or IBSS your should specify
frequency in the same command which you use to start operation. And
finally, if your card run as Monitor you could type "iw mon0 set freq
2412".

More details about iw utility you can find in [1].

1. http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Documentation/iw

--
BR,
Sergey