2016-11-02 14:28:00

by Matteo Grandi

Subject: ath10k and compex WLE600V5-27

Hello all,
I'm using two WiFi module Compex WLE600V5-27
http://www.compex.com.sg/product/wle600v5-27/
capable of 2x2 MIMO on two boards (Gateworks ventana 5410) using ath10k drivers.
The chipset is the Qualcomm-Atheros QCA9882 but I didn't find a
firmware for this chipset, so I'm using the QCA988X.
Everithing worked fine until I tried to plug 2 antennas in both cards
in order to make some data-rate tests. Even if there are two antennas
plugged in, there aren't any changes in the data-rate measured between
using one or two antennas. Sniffing the channel I sow that the Number
of STBC streams is 1 and iw list shows that only 1 spatial stream is
supported (but the card is capable of managing 2 spatial streams):

Wiphy phy0
Band 1:
Capabilities: 0x19e3
RX LDPC
HT20/HT40
Static SM Power Save
RX HT20 SGI
RX HT40 SGI
TX STBC
RX STBC 1-stream
Max AMSDU length: 7935 bytes
DSSS/CCK HT40
Maximum RX AMPDU length 65535 bytes (exponent: 0x003)
Minimum RX AMPDU time spacing: 8 usec (0x06)
HT TX/RX MCS rate indexes supported: 0-15
Frequencies:
* 5180 MHz [36] (17.0 dBm)
* 5200 MHz [40] (17.0 dBm)

Available Antennas: TX 0x3 RX 0x3
Configured Antennas: TX 0x3 RX 0x3
Supported interface modes:
* managed
* AP
* AP/VLAN
* monitor
* mesh point

I tried the tests both on channel 48 HT40- and 149 HT40+.
The RSSI measured with iw station dump lays around -40dBm

Is it an issue related to the firmware in use?
Or maybe there aren't the right conditions to have MIMO working?

Thanks in advence
All the best

Matteo

2016-11-02 14:33:58

by Sebastian Gottschall

Subject: Re: ath10k and compex WLE600V5-27

depends how you test. the antennas need to have the right distance from
each other (portion of lampda)
and mimo also doesnt work well at too short distances. so place them at
10 meters distance minimum

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Regards

Sebastian Gottschall / CTO

NewMedia-NET GmbH - DD-WRT
Firmensitz: Berliner Ring 101, 64625 Bensheim
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 25473
Geschäftsführer: Peter Steinhäuser, Christian Scheele
http://www.dd-wrt.com
email: [email protected]
Tel.: +496251-582650 / Fax: +496251-5826565