2022-02-09 08:43:29

by Kalle Valo

Subject: Re: QCN5502 support in ath9k

Wenli Looi <[email protected]> writes:

> I'm wondering if there's any plan to support QCN5502 in ath9k. If not,
> is it possible to obtain the initvals and other information that would
> be required to support QCN5502 in ath9k? (such as those for QCA956x in
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar956x_initvals.h)
>

> For context, I have recently submitted two patches that seem to allow
> QCN5502 to be fully functional except for the integrated wifi:
>
> * https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mips/linux.git/commit/?id=a0b8cd5c223042efe764864b8dd9396ee127c763
>
> * https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/4271
>
> Thanks!

Don't use HTML, linux-wireless drops all HTML mail, I don't know about
QCN5502 support, but hopefully people see your email now.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches

2022-03-10 03:16:18

by Wenli Looi

I've managed to get QCN5502 working in ath9k in a very hacky way, by
mainly treating it as QCA956x, including the initvals:

https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/9389

It would be great if anyone could provide comments on the code, as
well as the ideas for incorporating this cleanly into ath9k (and
whether there would be interest in doing so).

Thanks!