2012-09-11 06:11:25

by Matt Chen

Subject: Disconnect with AP and not able to scan anymore.

Hi list,
I am running the v3.0 kernel and my Ralink wifi module is [1814 539a].
I found the mac80211 would do the ieee80211_sta_work() and then go to

} else {
/*
* We actually lost the connection ... or did we?
* Let's make sure!
*/
wiphy_debug(local->hw.wiphy,
"%s: No probe response from AP %pM"
" after %dms, disconnecting.\n",
sdata->name,
bssid, probe_wait_ms);

ieee80211_sta_connection_lost(sdata, bssid);
}

So the mac80211 would do ieee80211_sta_connection_lost() and then the
connection between AP and station would be lost. At this time, I found
the wifi interface is not able to do any scan now, ie no any AP is
showed after do "iwlist wlan0 scan".
Once I "ifconfig wlan0 down" and "ifconfig wlan0 up", everything is
working again.

Is there way or tool suggested to observe or debug the connection
status between station and AP ? I think it would be something working
wrong in rt2x00 driver.

--
Thank you.