2015-07-08 07:20:11

by Taehee Yoo

Subject: Re: mesh support on rtl8192cu

Richard, I do apologize for my mistake.
I found that the rtl8192cu can't send the beacon frame at mesh mode.
Sender side wireshark shows sending beacon frame. but receiver side
wireshark doesn't show the rtl8192cu's mesh beacon.
I think connection issue's cause is rtl8192cu's wrong beacon code.

2015-07-08 11:48:18

by Richard Palethorpe

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 8:20 AM, Taehee Yoo <[email protected]> wrote:
> Richard, I do apologize for my mistake.
> I found that the rtl8192cu can't send the beacon frame at mesh mode.
> Sender side wireshark shows sending beacon frame. but receiver side
> wireshark doesn't show the rtl8192cu's mesh beacon.
> I think connection issue's cause is rtl8192cu's wrong beacon code.

Thank you for looking into it Taehee. Using an adapter in monitor mode
I can see that the rtl8192cu is sending out beacon frames and ARP
packets over the air (if I use arping) in mesh mode.