2013-02-14 09:11:16

by scalpel4k

Subject: WPA2 encryption doesn't work with Intel AGN 5300 in kernel 3.8

Attached is the kernel log when I was trying to connect to a WPA2
secure WLAN. This is only one of the kernels I have tried, a plain
vanilla rc7 still has the same issue.
Connecting to an unsecured WLAN does work. For the WPA2 WLAN I have to
switch back to a 3.7 kernel where everything is working properly.

I hope this was enough information

bye Michi

Attachments:
iwlwifi.dmesg (117.11 kB)

2013-02-14 09:27:34

by scalpel4k

better now?

As I said earlier, I also tried with a binary vanilla kernel (rc7), which you can find here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=kernel-vanilla&project=Kernel%3AHEAD

Michi

On Thursday 14 Feb 2013 10:14:48 Sedat Dilek wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM, scalpel4k <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Attached is the kernel log when I was trying to connect to a WPA2
> > secure WLAN. This is only one of the kernels I have tried, a plain
> > vanilla rc7 still has the same issue.
> > Connecting to an unsecured WLAN does work. For the WPA2 WLAN I have to
> > switch back to a 3.7 kernel where everything is working properly.
> >
> > I hope this was enough information
> >

> The subject line is this time a bit more meaningful :-).
> More informations like your kernel-config and/or lspci/lsusb might be helpful.
> Check the docs section on <wireless.kernel.org> on how to debug iwlwifi.
>
> - Sedat -
>
> > bye Michi

Attachments:
config.gz (22.68 kB)