2014-05-08 08:48:24

by Alessandro Lannocca

Subject: rtl8192cu general status

Hello, a quick follow-up to my year(s)-old bugreport about rtl8192cu driver:

as of backports20140417, using this driver with an AWUS036NHR on
fedora 20 x86_64 running kernel 3.14 I no longer suffer from:

1> card not being able to recognize WPA/WPA2 associated clients with
their respective APs while in monitor mode (this was annoying)

2> card not being able to capture WPA 4-way handshakes (due to 1)

Also, the driver works flawlessy (afaik) in managed mode.

The problem with the regulatory domain being stuck to only allow
channels 1-11 in 2.4ghz band seems to remain, but I already posted an
old patch (not mine) which seems to fix the problem, in my previous
message; also, the led is not blinking during activity, it's just
off/on according to interface(s) status (wlan* up/down), I'm not sure
if this is a bug, even if it is, it's just cosmetic I think.

This message to thank you for fixing the driver, having the
possibility to use rtl8192cu for my work, just makes it way more
comfortable.

Alessandro Lannocca